The Evacuation Plan was noted.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillor Lupton declared a personal prejudicial interest in respect of agenda item 7 - 12/1210/FUL - 46 Harlsey Road, Stockton-on-Tees -Proposed erection of a detached four car garage to replace an existing detached garage and sheds as he was a trustee of the Emma Simpson Trust. Councillor Lupton represented local residents and spoke against the application and then withdrew from the meeting and left the room during consideration of the item.
The minutes of the meetings held on 30th May 2012 and 14th June 2012 were confirmed and signed by the Chair as a correct record.
12/1194/RNW THE ROOKERY, SOUTH VIEW, EAGLESCLIFFE APPLICATION FOR NEW PLANNING PERMISSION TO REPLACE EXTANT PLANNING PERMISSION 07/3441/FUL - DEMOLITION OF THE ROOKERY AND CONSTRUCTION OF 13 NO. APARTMENTS IN TWO BLOCKS AS DETAILED IN PLANNING APPROVAL 06/3591/FUL.
RESOLVED that planning application 12/1194/RNW be approved subject to the following conditions and informative:-
1. The development hereby approved shall be in accordance with the following approved plan(s); unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority. Plan Reference Number Date on Plan SBC0001 12 December 2007 1505/3/5B 12 December 2007 18505/3/6B 12 December 2007 1505/3/7D 12 December 2007 1505/3/8A 12 December 2007 Materials 2. Notwithstanding any description of the materials in the application no development shall be commenced until precise details of the materials to be used in the construction of the external walls and roofs of the building(s) have been approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. External Render; 3. The external render shall be finished and painted and thereafter retained in accordance with a scheme to be agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority prior to commencement of the development. Means of Enclosure; 4. All means of enclosure associated with the development hereby approved, including boundary walling along the South View frontage, shall be in accordance with a scheme to be agreed with the Local Planning Authority before the development commences. Such means of enclosure shall be erected fully before the development hereby approved is occupied. External lighting; 5. Details of all external lighting of the buildings and car-parking areas together with its means of shielding and alignment shall be submitted to and agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority before such lighting is provided. The lighting shall be provided in accordance with the agreed details before the development is occupied and shall thereafter be retained in its approved form. Hard landscaping; 6. Notwithstanding any description contained within this application, prior to the occupation of the hereby approved development full details of hard landscape works shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and implemented in accordance with the approved details. These details shall include car parking layouts; other vehicle and pedestrian access and circulation areas; hard surfacing materials and construction methods. Minor alterations to north-west corner of site; 7. Notwithstanding any plans contained as part of the application a revised site plan detailing additional planting, a feature wall and the relocation of the 5 no. parking spaces in the north-west corner of the site shall be submitted to the Local Planning Authority for approval, prior to the commencement of any development on the site. The agreed details shall be implemented on site in full accordance with these details. Soft Landscaping works; 8. A detailed scheme for landscaping and tree and/or shrub planting (including details of all trees to be retained on the site), and a maintenance schedule for a minimum of five years, shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority before the development hereby approved is occupied. Such a scheme shall specify types and species, layout contouring and surfacing of all open space areas. The works shall be carried out in the first planting and seeding season following the occupation of the buildings or the completion of the development whichever is the sooner and any trees or plants which within a period of five years from the date of planting die, are removed, become seriously damaged or diseased shall be replaced in the next planting season with others of a similar size and species unless the Local Planning Authority gives written consent to any variation. Tree protection measures; 9. Details of a scheme in accordance with BS5837, 2005 to protect the existing trees and vegetation shall be provided to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority. Such a scheme shall include details of a protective fence of appropriate specification extending three metres beyond the perimeter of the canopy, the fence as approved shall be erected before construction commences and shall be maintained to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority throughout the entire building period. No-dig' construction to parking bays; 10. The proposed parking bays in the north-east corner of the site shall be constructed using 'no-dig' construction methods. Full details of the construction materials and methods to be employed shall submitted to and be agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority prior to commencement of the development. Such an agreed scheme shall be implemented in accordance with these details. Site levels; 11. Notwithstanding the submitted information provided in this application details of the proposed site levels and finished floor levels shall be submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority Highway Works; 12. No development shall commence until a scheme has been submitted and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and has been fully implemented for works to realign the kerb line on the southern approach to South View, the provision of a pedestrian access/crossing point along South View and a revised kerb line and western entrance to the site. Timetable for demolition and rebuild; 13. Prior to the commencement of development a scheme setting out the details of, and the timetable for, demolition of the existing building and the commencement of redevelopment, the latter to be begun within three months of demolition, shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The timetable for demolition and redevelopment shall be adhered to at all times unless otherwise agreed in writing by the local planning authority. Provision of temporary car park; 14. Prior to works commencing a scheme for a temporary car park for construction workers to be provided on site shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The approved scheme shall be fully implemented prior to commencement of development and shall thereafter be retained for the duration of the construction period. Hours of construction; 15. No construction activity or deliveries shall take place on the premises before 8.00 a.m. on weekdays and 8.30 am on Saturdays nor after 6.00 pm on weekdays and 1.00 pm on Saturdays (nor at any time on Sundays or Bank Holidays). Building recording; 16. No development shall take place until a scheme for the recording of the existing building has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and has subsequently been carried out in accordance with the approved details. Archaeological recording; 17. A) No development shall take place until a programme of archaeological work including a Written Scheme of Investigation has been submitted to and approved by the local planning authority in writing. The scheme shall include an assessment of significance and research questions; and: 1. The programme and methodology of site investigation and recording 2. The programme for post investigation assessment 3. Provision to be made for analysis of the site investigation and recording 4. Provision to be made for publication and dissemination of the analysis and records of the site investigation 5. Provision to be made for archive deposition of the analysis and records of the site investigation 6. Nomination of a competent person or persons / organisation to undertake the works set out within the Written Scheme of Investigation. B) No development shall take place other than in accordance with the Written Scheme of Investigation approved under condition (A). C) The development shall not be occupied until the site investigation and post investigation assessment has been completed in accordance with the programme set out in the Written Scheme of Investigation approved under condition (A) and the provision made for analysis, publication and dissemination of results and archive deposition has been secured. Unexpected land contamination; 18. In the event that contamination is found at any time when carrying out the approved development that was not previously identified, works must be halted on that part of the site affected by the unexpected contamination and it must be reported in writing immediately to the Local Planning Authority. An investigation and risk assessment must be undertaken to the extent specified by the Local Planning Authority prior to resumption of the works. Site Waste management plans; 19. No development shall commence within any phase until a site waste management plan for that phase has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The site waste management plan shall be prepared in accordance with Non-statutory guidance for site waste management plans April 2008 [DEFRA]. Thereafter, the site waste management plan shall be updated and implemented in accordance with the approved scheme unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority. No open burning; 20. No waste products derived as a result of carrying out the construction activity hereby approved shall be burned on the site except in a property constructed appliance of a type and design previously approved by the Local Planning Authority INFORMATIVES Summary reasons and General Policy Conformity; The proposal has been considered against the policies below and it is considered that the scheme accords with these policies as the development is considered to be visually acceptable and will not harm the character of the conservation area, nor the setting of the listed buildings. The proposed development is also not judged to have a detrimental impact on the amenity of the neighbouring properties, highway safety or any features of archaeological interest. It is also considered that there are no other material considerations which indicate a decision should be otherwise. Core Strategy; Core Strategy Policy 2 (CS2) - Sustainable Transport and Travel Core Strategy Policy 3 (CS3) - Sustainable Living and Climate Change Stockton on Tees Local Plan Saved policies; HO3 - Development on Unallocated Sites EN24 & EN25 - Conservation Areas EN28 - Listed Buildings. EN30 - Sites of Archaeological Interest National Planning Policy Framework; Section 6. Delivering a wide choice of high quality homes Section 7. Requiring good design Section 12. Conserving and enhancing the historic environment
12/1272/COU 8 CHALLONER ROAD, YARM, RETROSPECTIVE APPLICATION FOR CHANGE OF USE FROM 3 NO BEDROOM DOMESTIC DWELLING INTO HOUSE OF MULTIPLE OCCUPATION (HMO WITH 5 NO. BEDROOMS FOR 7 NO. INDIVIDUAL OCCUPANTS)
RESOLVED that planning application 12/1272/COU be refused for the following reason:-
1. In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority it is considered that the House in Multiple Occupation would be out of character with the surrounding sheltered housing and result in an unacceptable impact on levels of amenity for those neighbouring occupiers as a result of increased noise and disturbance, contrary to policy CS3(8) of the Core Strategy and guidance within the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).
12/1210/FUL 46 HARLSEY ROAD, STOCKTON-ON-TEES, PROPOSED ERECTION OF A DETACHED FOUR CAR GARAGE TO REPLACE AN EXISTING DETACHED GARAGE AND SHEDS
RESOLVED that planning application 12/1210/FUL be approved subject to the following conditions and informatives below:-
1. The development hereby approved shall be in accordance with the following approved plan(s); Plan Reference Number Date on Plan SBC0003 A 28 June 2012 SBC0002 B 28 June 2012 SBC0001 A 28 June 2012 IF/001 REV A 18 June 2012 2. The detached garage to which the permission relates shall be used for the parking of private motor vehicles and ancillary storage, incidental to the enjoyment of the occupants of the dwellinghouse and no other purpose. INFORMATIVE OF REASON FOR PLANNING APPROVAL The proposal has been considered against the policies and documents identified below. It is considered that the scheme accords with these documents; as the proposal does not lead to an unacceptable loss of amenity for neighbouring residents in terms of overlooking, overbearing or overshadowing. It is also considered that the proposal does not have an adverse impact on the existing dwelling or create an incongruous feature within the surrounding area. There are no material planning considerations, which indicate that a decision should be otherwise. The National Planning Policy Framework and the following policy of the Adopted Core Strategy Development Plan Document (March 2010),is considered to be relevant to the determination of this application Core Strategy Policy 3 (CS3): Sustainable Living
ASSESSING THE SUPPLY OF DELIVERABLE HOUSING SITES
RESOLVED that the report be noted.
STOCKTON-ON-TEES LOCAL PLAN: REGENERATION AND ENVIRONMENT LOCAL DEVELOPMENT DOCUMENT PREFERRED OPTIONS AND DRAFT SHOP FRONTS AND ADVERTISEMANTS SUPPLEMENTARY PLANNING DOCUMENT.
1. The contents of the reports be noted. 2. The comments from Members be noted. 3. A special meeting of the Planning Committee be arranged to consider the documents further.
LOCAL DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK STEERING GROUP MINUTES
RESOLVED that the Local Development Framework Steering Group Minutes from the meeting held on 20th March 2012 be noted.
LOCAL DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK STEERING GROUP MINUTES
RESOLVED that the Local Development Framework Steering Group Minutes from the meeting held on 14th May 2012 be noted.
1. MR EDWARD MOORE - ELM TREE SOCAIL CLUB BISHOPTON ROAD WEST STOCKTON - 11/0529/COU -DISMISSED
RESOLVED that the appeal be noted.