DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillor Fred Salt declared a personal prejudicial interest in the item entitled Townend Farm, Whitton - Residential development of 13 no. new dwellinghouses and conversion of barn to dwellinghouse (Demolition of pig unit), due to being a friend of the applicant.
Councillor John Fletcher declared a personal/non-prejudicial interest in the item entitled 690 Yarm Road, Eaglescliffe, Stockton-on-Tees - Revised application for residential development comprising 10 no. new build apartments and conversion of existing dwelling into 4 no. apartments together with associated access, parking and landscaping, due to being a member of Egglescliffe Parish Council.
MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS HELD ON 27TH JUNE 2007, 18TH JULY 2007, 8TH AUGUST 2007 - FOR SIGNATURE
The minutes of the meetings held on 27th June 2007, 18th July 2007 and 8th August 2007 were signed by the Chairman as a correct record.
07/1674/FUL TOWNEND FARM, WHITTON, RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF 13 NO. NEW DWELLINGHOUSES AND CONVERSION OF BARN TO DWELLINGHOUSE. (DEMOLITION OF PIG UNIT)
RESOLVED that planning application 07/1674/FUL be refused for the following reasons:
1. In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority the proposed site is in an unsustainable location for residential development by virtue of the limited services within Whitton Village, which would require occupants to travel via the private car for employment, schools, retail and recreational purposes. The settlement could not meet the demand placed on it from such a development in respect to these uses and as such would be contrary to the aims of government guidance with respect to locating residential development in sustainable locations as detailed in PPS 1 - Delivering sustainable development, PPS 3 - Housing and PPS 7 - Sustainable development in rural areas and also the Tees Valley Structure Plan policy SUS2. 2. The proposal represents development outside the urban limits and is therefore contrary to policy EN13 of the Adopted Local Plan which states that new buildings should only be considered where it is necessary for farming or forestry operation or provided that the development does not harm the character or appearance of the countryside where it contributes to the diversification of the rural economy, is for sport or recreation or is for a small scale tourism facility. Councillor Fred Salt declared a personal prejudicial interest in the above item due to being a friend of the applicant and left the room for the consideration and voting of the item.
07/1817/OUT LAND ADJACENT TO, 1 MANOR PLACE, OFF BISHOPTON ROAD WEST OUTLINE APPLICATION FOR RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF 8 NO. APARTMENTS WITHIN ONE BUILDING AND ASSOCIATED MEANS OF ACCESS (DEMOLITION OF EXISTING COMMUNITY CENTRE BUILDING)
RESOLVED that planning application 07/1817/OUT be refused for the following reason:-
1. In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority the proposed development would have an unacceptable impact on the amenities of the adjacent properties in Manor Place by reason of the height, bulk and massing of the building which would also adversely affect the character of the area and is therefore contrary to policies GP1, HO3 and HO11 of the adopted Stockton on Tees Local Plan.
07/1698/FUL 690 YARM ROAD, EAGLESCLIFFE, STOCKTON-ON-TEES REVISED APPLICATION FOR RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPRISING 10 NO. NEW BUILD APARTMENTS AND CONVERSION OF EXISTING DWELLING INTO 4 NO. APARTMENTS TOGETHER WITH ASSOCIATED ACCESS, PARKING AND LANDSCAPING.
RESOLVED that planning application 07/1698/FUL be refused for the following reason:-
1. In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority the proposed development would have an unacceptable impact on the amenities of the adjacent properties in Croft Road by reason of overbearing and lack of privacy which would adversely affect the character of the area and is therefore contrary to policies GP1, HO3 and HO11 of the adopted Stockton on Tees Local Plan. Councillor John Fletcher declared a personal/non-prejudicial interest in the above item due to being a member of Egglescliffe Parish Council.
07/1881/FUL LAND OFF MILLBANK LANE, RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF 36 NO. ONE AND TWO BEDROOM APARTMENTS AND SUBSTITUTION OF HOUSE TYPES TO PLOT NOS. 251-255
07/2479/FUL 654-656 YARM ROAD EAGLESCLIFFE REVISED APPLICATION FOR THE ERECTION OF 82 BED CARE HOME AND ASSOCIATED MEANS OF ACCESS, CAR PARKING AND LANDSCAPING
RESOLVED that planning application 07/2479/FUL be approved subject to the conditions outlined below:-
Proposed conditions: Approved documents, time limits, details of landscaping, (soft and hard), tree and vegetation protection, levels, external illumination, secure cycle storage, provision of internal footpath link to Yarm Road, means of enclosure, drainage, working period, land contamination, disabled spaces, covered and secure cycle shelters, an on-site temporary car park, measures to protect existing footpaths and verges, planting, tree protection, excavations, construction methods and boundary treatments.
07/2214/REV 54 BASSLETON LANE, THORNABY, STOCKTON-ON-TEES RETROSPECTIVE APPLICATION FOR ERECTION OF 2 NO. DORMER BUNGALOWS WITH INTEGRAL GARAGES AND ASSOCIATED MEANS OF ACCESS
RESOLVED that planning application 07/2214/REV be approved subject to the following conditions:-
1. The development hereby approved shall be in accordance with the following approved plan(s); unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority. Plan Reference Number Date on Plan SBC0001 23 July 2007 190/1 23 July 2007 1 OF 2 23 July 2007 2. The development shall be carried out in accordance with an approved scheme of landscaping to be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local planning Authority. The approved details shall detail the following: - a) Hard and soft landscaping, b) Soil depths, plant species, numbers, densities, locations, and sizes, planting methods, maintenance and management. c) Excavations required for service runs. d) Locations for protective fencing Planting works shall be carried out during the first planting and seeding season following the substantial completion of the development, and any trees or plants which within a period of five years from the date of planting, die are removed or become seriously damaged, shall be replaced with others of a similar size and species in the next planting season unless the Local Planning Authority gives written consent to any variation. 3. Notwithstanding details hereby approved the precise details of the design and construction methods and materials of the access road serving the two properties shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority prior to being implemented on site. No property shall be occupied until the access road has been constructed in accordance with the approved details. 4. Prior to the dwellings hereby approved being occupied, a scheme of screen fencing shall be erected along boundaries of the site in accordance with a scheme of fencing to be submitted to and agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority. The approved fencing shall remain in place in perpetuity unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Local Planning Authority. 5. Notwithstanding details hereby approved or those already implemented on site a comprehensive detailed scheme of surface water drainage shall be submitted to the Local Planning Authority within a 3 month period from the date of this permission. The scheme shall detail the following: a) The precise location of surface water drainage runs, and b) The location, size and depth of the soak aways c) The construction detail of the soak aways The surface water drainage on the site shall be implemented in accordance with the agreed scheme of drainage within a 6-month period of this permission being granted. 6. Notwithstanding details hereby submitted the windows within the side elevation of the properties which serve bedroom 2 as indicated on the approved plans shall be glazed with Type 4 obscure glazing and shall remain obscurely glazed to this level in perpetuity unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Local Planning Authority. 7. Notwithstanding the provisions of classes A, B, C, D & E of Part 1 of Schedule 2 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (or any order revoking and re-enacting that Order), the buildings hereby approved shall not be extended or altered in any way, nor any ancillary buildings or means of enclosure erected within the curtilage without the written approval of the Local Planning Authority.
07/2341/FUL 1 SOUTH VIEW, EAGLESCLIFFE REVISED APPLICATION FOR RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT FOR THE ERECTION OF APARTMENT BUILDING CONTAINING 7 NO. UNITS OF ACCOMMODATION AND ASSOCIATED CAR PARKING (DEMOLITION OF EXISTING DWELLING HOUSE)
RESOLVED that planning application 07/2341/FUL be deferred to the next meeting.
07/1962/REV FORMER CAMPBELLS TYRE DEPOT, 5 HIGH STREET, YARM REVISED APPLICATION FOR DEMOLITON OF EXISTING GARAGE BUILDINGS AND ERECTION OF 3 STOREY BUILDING COMPRISING CAFE/BISTRO ON GROUND FLOOR WITH 3 NO. APARTMENTS ABOVE AND ASSOCIATED CAR PARKING.
RESOLVED that planning application 07/1962/REV be approved subject to potential flooding issues being resolved and subject to conditions relating to the following:-
Approved plans Levels Commercial element limited to A3 use only, Details of cycle stores, Scheme of Hard Landscaping, Parking control of the proposed lay by Servicing to the cafe/Bistro use being limited to off peak hours and away from hours in early morning or late at night Cafe/Bistro premises being restricted from being open to members of the public beyond 8.00pm. Thereby being to be vacated by all visiting members of the public by 8.00pm. Parking layout and marking scheme including management scheme for control over parking area Scheme of design details including all external materials, window and door materials and colours, rainwater goods and other externally viable details. No amplified music within the commercial premises unless specifically agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority. Parking and service lay by being brought into use prior to the development being occupied. Retention of site boundary walls to the South and West boundaries unless other wise agreed in writing with the local Planning Authority Obscure glazing scheme to be submitted detailing specifically windows within northern elevation. The treatment of the side gable including additional false windows and landscaping.
07/2188/FUL 1 WEST HARTLEPOOL ROAD AND 2 SUNDERLAND ROAD, WOLVISTON, STOCKTON-ON-TEES REVISED APPLICATION TO DIVIDE EXISTING PROPERTIES INTO 2 NO. DWELLINGS WITH OTHER MINOR ALTERATIONS/ADDITIONS INCLUDING ERECTION OF TRELLIS ON TOP OF EXISTING FRONT GARDEN WALL WITH A MAXIMUM HEIGHT OF 2.3M
RESOLVED that planning application 07/2188/FUL be Approved subject to the following conditions:-
1. The development hereby approved shall be in accordance with the following approved plan(s); unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority. Plan Reference Number Date on Plan TRH/148/01 19 July 2007 TRH/148/02 19 July 2007 2. Details of all external finishing materials shall be agreed with the Local Planning Authority before the development is commenced.
07/2239/FUL LAND ON SANDY LEAS LANE, ELTON ERECTION OF 3 NO. STABLES AND STORAGE AREA FOR PRIVATE USE
RESOLVED that planning application 07/2239/FUL be approved subject to the following conditions:-
1. The development hereby approved shall be in accordance with the following approved plan(s); unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority. Plan Reference Number Date on Plan SBC0001 25 July 2007 SBC0002 25 July 2007 SBC0003 25 July 2007 2. No waste, including manure, shall be burnt at the site, unless within a properly formed appliance, in accordance with details to be submitted and agreed in writing with the local planning authority. 3. A detailed scheme for supplementary planting of the existing hedgerow fronting Sandy Leas Lane shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority before the development authorised by this permission is commenced. Such a scheme shall specify types and species. The works shall be carried out in the first planting season following the occupation of the stables or the completion of the development whichever is the sooner and any trees or plants which within a period of five year from the date of planting die, are removed, become seriously damaged or diseased shall be replaced in the next planting season with others of a similar size and species unless the local planning authority gives written consent to any variation. 4. The stables hereby approved shall not be used for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the local planning authority. 5. Details of a scheme in accordance with BS5837, 2005 to protect the existing hedgerow shall be provided to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority. Such a scheme shall include full details of protection measures and should be erected, to the satisfaction of the council, prior to any works commencing on site.and maintained to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority throughout the entire building period. 6. No development shall take place until full details of the proposed hard and soft landscaping and the verge crossing have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. Development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
7 KIELDER CLOSE, BILLINGHAM UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENT FOR THE ERECTION OF 1.8 METRE HIGH FENCE
RESOLVED that it was not expedient to take enforcement action to ensure that the fence accorded with the position as previously approved under application 05/0239/FUL.
TITLE SAVED POLICIES DIRECTIONS: TEES VALLEY STRUCTURE PLAN (2004) AND STOCKTON-ON-TEES LOCAL PLAN (1997)
RESOLVED that the report be noted.
LOCAL DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK STEERING GROUP MINUTES - 12TH JUNE 2007
RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 12th June 2007 be confirmed.
1. APPEAL - MR J WALLIS - LAND OF FORMER COMMUNITY CENTRE ADJACENT TO LENNOX CRESCENT BILLINGHAM. - 07/0226/OUT - DISMISSED 2. APPEAL - MR WILLAIM GATE - 704 & 706 YARM ROAD EAGLESCLIFFE STOCKTON-ON-TEES - 06/3640/FUL -DISMISSED 3. APPEAL - CARLBURY DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED - WILLOW BRIDGE WORKS LETCH LANE CARLTON 07/0050/FUL - ALLOWED WITH CONDITIONS 4. APPEAL - MARGARET JAMIESON - 17 CRANWELL GROVE THORNABY STOCKTON-ON-TEES - 06/3615/X - DISMISSED 5. APPEAL - MR AND MRS HOLDEN - 99 CHURCH FIELD WAY INGLEBY BARWICK STOCKTON-ON-TEES TS17 5AW - 06/1325/FPD - ALLOWED 6. APPEAL - BELLWAY HOMES (NE) LIMITED - FORMER SCHOOL HOUSE AND OFFICES THE WYND WYNYARD VILLAGE WYNYARD - 06/3003/REV - ALLOWED WITH CONDITIONS 7. APPEAL - MR KIERAN MCMURRAY - THE GRANGE URLAY NOOK ROAD EAGLESCLIFFE STOCKTON-ON-TEES TS16 0LX - 06/3340/FUL - ALLOWED WITH CONDITIONS 8. APPEAL - NAS ADVOCATES LTD - 9 YARM ROAD STOCKTON-ON-TEES TS18 3NJ - 06/3780/FUL - DISMISSED 9. APPEAL - TRAFALGAR LEISURE LIMITED - 143 HIGH STREET STOCKTON-ON-TEES TS18 1LX - 06/1077/REV - DISMISSED 10. APPEAL - MRS DIANNE BAINBRIDGE - 3 OAKHURST CLOSE INGLEBY BARWICK STOCKTON-ON-TEES TS17 0UN - 06/3232/FUL - ALLOWED
RESOLVED that the information be noted.